Aviva PLC (AVl)

402.10
-7.20(-1.76%)
  • Volume:
    914,189
  • Bid/Ask:
    401.80/402.10
  • Day's Range:
    395.50 - 408.50
High dividend Yield

Dividend yield shows how much a company pays its shareholders in dividends annually per dollar invested. It reflects how much an investor will earn aside from any capital gains in the stock.

AVl Historical Data

Time Frame:
Daily
05/09/2022 - 05/10/2022
401.90404.00408.50395.601.04M-1.30%
407.19404.00409.40399.203.42M+1.07%
402.88381.30403.00381.204.43M+4.36%
386.03380.10390.40378.914.12M+1.68%
379.67388.60389.00373.653.43M-0.50%
381.56404.60405.50373.7010.07M-8.62%
417.55416.70419.25408.203.11M+0.27%
416.44419.35419.35409.002.71M-5.60%
441.13433.30441.13419.306.43M+1.68%
433.85434.90442.10430.801.07M-1.37%
439.87434.00439.87431.801.67M-0.59%
442.47445.10447.204.473.17M+0.17%
441.70437.60444.60437.602.87M+0.29%
440.42440.00443.50438.302.62M+0.48%
438.31438.50441.90435.203.32M-1.26%
443.90445.60448.80441.002.14M-0.69%
446.98443.00448.80441.203.47M+1.47%
440.49437.30443.50437.202.36M+0.93%
436.44434.50442.00431.701.89M+1.38%
430.49432.50435.00428.202.05M-0.90%
434.38424.70438.90424.703.55M+2.74%
422.81419.50425.30416.201.47M+1.77%
Highest: 448.80Lowest: 4.47Difference: 444.33Average: 423.93Change %: -3.26
  • why the huge jump today?
    0
    • new share buyback
      0
    • Waste of time give you special dividend but reduce your share holding by same amount they give you , no financial gain at all !
      1
  • I don't understand ,how yous guys did not read the circular that Aviva sent out,they explained what shares you were going to lost,even before the vote,if you had done your homework,you wouldn't of voted for it
    3
    • Agree. I also don't understand why people didn't think that the payout wouldn't already be reflected in the share price - this happens every time a stock goes ex-div.
      1
  • Well that was a pointless excersise for the shareholder. they take away 24% of your shares leaving you with 76% of your shares at the same price £3.95 then they give you roughly the money your short back but by the time I could buy Aviva shares the price was £4.17 so not able to buy as many shares so now out of pocket and a smaller holding. The original information I recieved stated "Aviva wants to pay shareholders some of the proceeds following the disposal of eight non-core businesses" so where is then Aviva, feeling conned and ripped off.
    1
    • Agreed pointless , probably saved tax . Everywhere return ing cash shown special dividend . but nicked our shares and gave back our own money .. And we lost gains because of time delay , sharp practice . !!!
      0
    • You are right. Many companies did the same, e.g. National Grid, Standard Life Aberdeen, Tesco, etc ..they called it return capital to the shareholders but really they forced you to sell the shares at the price they decide. if you are lucky, they might return higher dividends because there is now fewer shares but in general, the share lose value, e.g. SLA, now ABDN, lost almost 50% since buy back. If you wait long enough they might get back to some decent value and you might rip the profit. They are just a number game and they dictate the rules. Whatever the outcome, good luck.
      0
  • Complete let down from aviva . I assumed i would keep my investment as it was and gain £25 k windfall for their earnings they wanted to share… but no they basically give me part of my money back so reduce my share stock but my whole investment stayed the same… I can’t buy more share on the rise as money not available… so basically im worse off… really thought id get a good £25k on top of what money i had invested but no im even but can’t invest until Friday with the return of capital…. Obviously us investers don’t count…
    2
    • Complete rip off given us as investors nothing . Could have sold my own shares . Or are we going to see massive increase in stock .
      0
  • so fuc* up had my shares consolidated this morning, now 1,500 down.
    0
    • Are you really down, or os that just the result of a huge ex-div today?
      2
    • I thought the idea was to share their profit. But im no better off .. what a con… its not what it was supposed to be . I thought id get a nice little windfall but no i got less shares and a payout of the difference in value. So no extra . What a con and cant buy in as 2 days to clear…
      1
    • Agreed hardly a special dividend . investors conned. Reduced our shares to pay for it .
      0
  • seems to me this site is slow at giving its reviews, 2hen they had strong buy this morning, it should have been sell then .
    0
    • This share is under valued but under performing
      0
  • Slow recovery but moving
    0
    • be hitting £5 around new year, prob before Xmas
      0
      • Sub 4 on the way
        5
        • What's with the sells?
          1