Get Actionable Insights with InvestingPro+: Start 7 Day FREE Trial Register here

Ian Hussey

Joined: 28/11/19

Comments by Ian Hussey
AstraZeneca Sep 24, 2021 10:10
buy their shares ?
Nasdaq 100 Apr 22, 2021 18:15
tax report in the USA...
FTSE 100 finishes higher, bitcoin market cap breaches $1 trillion Feb 19, 2021 17:13
crypto is being scam going...... really get the feeling it's all going to end in tears....
FTSE 100 Jan 25, 2021 16:17
let's see if this shake down holds... not known a market have so much positive news but feel like a big drop is coming... really no idea which way this is going to go. good luck all
FTSE 100 Jan 15, 2021 11:25
just going to hold a larger than normal cash pile after such a good run over the last three months. greed comes before a fall.
FTSE 100 Jan 15, 2021 11:23
I also have a knagging feeling in the back of my mind regarding the economy. I just feel there is some massive ticking time bomb somewhere. It will be right in front of our faces too... but then I think long term shares are still cheap.... it's a really ackward feeling....
Tui Jan 08, 2021 11:49
think it's more the negitive covid test to return to the uk rather than rights issue..... both are impacting though
FTSE 100 Dec 04, 2020 12:15
don't want to be short over the weekend with positive brexit news possible.
FTSE 100 Dec 04, 2020 11:57
lots of moving parts right now which makes models hard to adjust either way. looking at the issues eu is having getting rescue deal through makes you glad we're out. all because two countries don't want to follow the rules of law...
FTSE 100 Nov 17, 2020 11:07
positive news on brexit is strengthening the pound...
FTSE 100 Sep 21, 2020 12:14
picking the bottom or top is just nearly impossible. sure you can guess a low point or high point but I have found trying to ekk out the extra 5% just opens you up to mistakes... who knows where we are going to be in 5 years from now or what new investments there will be. there was once a time when saying RBS would go bust was crazy talk but 10 years later their still owned by the Government....
FTSE 100 Sep 21, 2020 11:20
cases will rise in the USA , they will rise everywhere there is cases with a population who value economy over health. poor but alive or fewer people with more money....
FTSE 100 Sep 21, 2020 8:51
morning gentlemen, this covid thing isn't going away is it. going to be a choppy ride the next month I believe. going to cut some of my long winners ready for the test of recent lows. 5600 is possible in the coming weeks as I don't see much positive new coming. vaccine chatter has all but disappeared. negitive rates just kills my holdings in l&g and Aviva. shell having trouble finding direction but who would have thought , under £10 and still not a buy. good luck all
Legal & General Sep 11, 2020 9:25
think brexit is taking us lower. like all uk services , l&g will be negitive if things go south with brussels. not sure how low this can go but I see it as opportunity to add.
Legal & General Sep 10, 2020 11:09
this is a solid company with good values. the chairman is experienced. with auto enrollment, pensions will only grow long term and l&g are well placed to take advantage. long term hold, divs plus buy out growth in coming years. market views this as boring so robinhood day traders not interested which means opportunity for us long term investors... if if drops more I will add till I can't hold anymore. been around for hundreds of years ....
FTSE 100 Jul 02, 2020 12:35
blonker
FTSE 100 Jun 26, 2020 0:54
markets can stay stupid longer than you can stay solvent. took Cramer's advice today and trimmed my holdings. on my round today people seem to have forgotten we're in pandemic. second wave is just waiting to happen. doubt they will shut down whole countries like before but the news is going to drop this market. stay safe people. unpresidented times ahead. just looking at old average prices isn't going to cut it. if Buffett isn't buying but selling there is a reason. feeling spooked today. good luck
FTSE 100 Jun 22, 2020 9:58
I am long to avoid missing out on vaccine news. the day that occurs we will get a pop up and I don't want to miss it when I have such a long investment time frame. divs are important also. buy the dips and take advantage of opportunities when they come. if the market drops I will only have a paper loss. market swings both ways so just trying to be long term in thinking. not day trading with main portfolio.
FTSE 100 Jun 22, 2020 8:09
I am also long in a large part of my portfolio but just can't see this going away any time soon. got back in at levels I am happy to hold on for long term + 5 y. Bloomberg had a good radio show explaining the length of time a vaccine will take and it's going to be a while. also the globalization of the world just leaves us open to the virus spreading to easy leading to negitive news flow. got a hunch we will see 5500 again some time this year.
FTSE 100 Jun 22, 2020 7:58
I hope people saved some cash on the side lines to take advantage of the drop when second wave worries leak later this year...
FTSE 100 Jun 18, 2020 11:14
got back in after the last drop..... the fear of vaccine news causing a massive spike is just to great... long term investor.... will pick up more on dips... good luck all
FTSE 100 Jun 11, 2020 8:06
second wave news stories all over the papers today. this will scare people. if we drop below 6100 then who knows where this goes. positive news in China and NZ. the legacy of blm might be a spike in cases. good luck all
FTSE 100 Jun 09, 2020 15:04
drop like this will shake out nervous retails traders.
FTSE 100 Jun 09, 2020 15:03
I think furlough data is going to be key moving forward.... easy to keep people on if tax payer is doing the heavy lifting. August is the key date... maybe people are starting to process this mornings furlough numbers and impact on economy
FTSE 100 May 21, 2020 9:07
it really doesn't work like that... Google will be better than this forum.