Most people have been taught how to work hard instead of learning how to make money work hard for them. These days, having a financial aptitude skill set is tremendously valuable. The world has transitioned beyond cold hard cash, and people are now reaping the benefits of buying, holding and selling across the stock market.
This lucrative way of earning money has gained immense popularity, even in volatile and uncertain economic climates. How, you ask? Simply by choosing the right broker to assist you in your trade to buy, hold and sell Disney stocks. Compare top online brokers and get tips for putting your money to work in this guide.
Overview of Disney
The Walt Disney Company, more commonly referred to as simply “Disney,” was founded on October 16, 1923 in Los Angeles, California by Walt and Roy Disney. Throughout the past century, Disney has experienced massive growth due its diversity as a leader in the entertainment industry. Disney has become a multinational mass media conglomerate with a global reach, though it remains headquartered in California in a Burbank compound. Disney owns many different successful subsidiaries, including Walt Disney World Resort, Hulu, shopDisney, and Pixar.
As a result of its impressive success, the general market consensus is that Disney is a blue-chip investment. It has a fiscally-stable track record and solid business model, and it continues to expand, year after year. Disney is attractive to both new and experienced stock investors, all of whom have a wide range of backgrounds and goals. Whatever your reason for investing, you will either need to buy Disney stock directly or through a brokerage. Disney allow consumers to directly purchase stock, even offering an investment plan that allows you to buy shares with a down payment, submitting monthly electronic transfers. Additionally, there is an enrollment fee to join the Disney stock purchase plan.
Alternatively, consumers can take the second approach, which involves buying Disney stock online through a brokerage account. Why direct through a brokerage account, you might ask? Because this process comes with benefits– those being, a brokerage account is easier to open, and there are usually no account-opening charges. When it comes to trading stock, most brokers do not charge commission fees, either. If you choose this option, you’ll want to decide how much to invest in Disney, as well as where the company fits in your stock portfolio.
This will likely require research on your part, as, while you might be familiar with Disney movies and characters, you may not be as well-versed on its financial history and projections. Consider how much you can invest. The general rule of thumb is to not invest more than ten percent of your entire portfolio into one single stock. It is, usually, safer to spread out risk and investments across a diverse range of assets. Once you have chosen your investment, search the Disney stock symbol, “DIS,” and click to buy. An order ticket will pop up, and you will be prompted to put in your order type and how many shares you want. After filling out that information and making your investment, you will officially own a piece of Disney.
How to buy Disney shares
Buying Disney stocks isn’t quite as easy as just clicking a button – well, not yet, anyway. Before you begin trading on the stock market, there are a few steps you must take:
Step 1: Find an online broker you can trust.
First, find a broker that you can trust. There are a number of reputable brokers with different account offerings out there—so, to make it easier for you, we have listed the main factors to consider when making your choice.
- Minimum Investment & Commission: The minimum investment required and commissions charged by the firm you choose are typically the predominant deciding factors for many ‘do-it-yourself’ investors, whose fundamental concerns surround keeping costs low. For novices this rings particularly true, as the less you spend to get started the more you can invest, and those preliminary savings will have the most time to compound.
- Securities Traded: The firm you decide on should offer all the equities and assets that you want to constitute a large portion of your portfolio. Take it one step further, and you should be seeking out a broker that offers fixed income securities, such as bonds, which are used to add some stability to a long-term investment plan. Beginner investors with minimal capital may also seek a broker that offers fractional shares, which is a new offering that will allow you to invest in Disney at a fraction of the market price. This can help investors diversify a smaller portfolio by investing in companies that otherwise might be out of reach. Having the ability to diversify your portfolio at any given moment is essential in any trader’s journey.
- Fast Execution & Volume Discounts: If you plan to be an active trader you should seek out a firm that can offer fast execution and volume discounts. A broker that can keep up with the speed of an active experienced trader, and one that can offer a price per share—rather than per transaction—is usually a firm that is a household name.
- Advanced High-Tech Platforms: High-tech industry-standard trading platforms, such as MetaTrader 4 and 5 are very popular amongst investors, and for good reason. Seek out a broker that can offer you the highest level of advanced interactive charts, analytical indicators, tools and other resources at your fingertips. If your chosen broker offers proprietary software, make sure that it is as top-notch as MT4 and MT5.
- Responsive Customer Support: At one point or another in your trading career you will encounter an issue that needs to be solved immediately. Customer solutions and direct digital communication services should be at the forefront of all great firms. Knowledgeable, fast customer support, with extended hours across multiple languages, is key for a positive and successful trading experience. We all need a little bit of support sometimes.
- Reliability & Security: A regulated broker has to follow the rules of the governing body. It is advised to seek out a firm that is governed by one or more agencies, for this very reason. A broker with no regulation poses security concerns for traders.
Step 2: Opening your brokerage account
After narrowing down your search for the right broker and finding the one that has all the offerings needed for your trading experience, the next step is to now open an account. The onboarding process should be straightforward—after all, they want you to start trading Disney stocks as quickly as possible.
A standard onboarding process includes a verification scanning, where you will need to submit your identification, proof of address and other standard documentation. After sailing through registration you will be asked to deposit a specific amount into your account in the base currency designated by the broker, in order to activate your profile. Seek a broker that offers withdrawal and deposit methods of your preference.
Step 3: Practicing your trading strategy through educational resources and tools
Before trading Disney stocks, make sure you have utilised the education resources offered to you by the broker you have chosen. Seek a broker that is able to offer you up-to-date pertinent and regulated educational courses, live economic calendars, real-time market news services, and so much more that will assist you in maximising your profits. When is the right time to buy Disney stocks? Your chosen firm should be able to guide you through the markets every step of the way.
Step 4: It’s now time to buy Disney shares
It’s now time to buy. Stock prices are constantly fluctuating throughout the trading day, based on market sentiment—so, as a trader and soon-to-be seasoned trader, you will get to know that certain times of the trading day offer better buying and selling opportunities than others. It is all the factors listed above that will help you stay ahead of the market, particularly when you are buying Disney stocks, or any other assets, for that matter.
Step 5: Review your positions regularly
Maintain diversification within your investment portfolio, and never take your eye off the mark. The stock market is ever-changing—and so, reviewing your portfolio composition periodically is essential to ensure your position is always within your risk appetite and capacity.
Fees for buying Disney stocks
Every broker has its own set of conditions, and one of those conditions is asset-specific fees for trading through their firm. An example of this type of cost is the commission-per-share charge, while trading Disney stocks. Firm fees should be identified and taken into account when selecting a broker – if certain costs are prohibitive, keep searching until you find your preferred broker.
Best suited brokers for trading Disney stocks
There is a handful of brokers which are known for having impeccable stock trading conditions and overall user experiences. We have compiled a shortlist of our preferred firms, where we believe you should be trading your Disney stocks.
- Capital.com: A highly reputable broker, Capital.com offers a variety of features that make it a great choice for trading Disney stocks. One of the key benefits of using Capital.com is its browser-based platform, which allows traders to conduct in-depth market analysis and create personalized forecasts using technical indicators. Additionally, Capital.com’s CFD-based approach to the stock market and its live market updates and chart formats, available on desktop, iOS, and Android, make it a flexible and user-friendly choice.
- Plus500: Plus500 is a well-established and reputable broker that offers a number of advantages for trading Disney stocks. The Plus500CFD platform stands out for its commission-free trading on shares, a key distinction from Plus500Invest, where commissions are applicable.
- Admiral: Admiral offers a number of advantages for trading Disney stocks. One of the main benefits of using Admiral is that it provides an educational center for their clients, which can be useful for new traders or those who want to improve their trading skills.
Now that you understand how to trade Disney stocks through your chosen broker, it should be clear that timing and the discovery of your risk-appetite are what will help you get into the market. Every trader is unique in their own strategy— a one-size-fits-all solution never works—so, discover and build your investing persona through your chosen broker and start trading Disney stocks today.